“Every family is different and each client deserves an individualized approach to resolving their family disputes. Through diligence, compassion and transparent communication, I work closely with clients to create personalized strategies to help them through this trying time and achieve successful results.”
Tamara A. Meister is an experienced family law attorney and Partner at Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C. She focuses her practice on complex financial matters and custody disputes. Tamara understands that family dynamics can be challenging. She works with her clients to create goals, discuss all available options, and present long-term perspectives regarding the impact of certain decisions made during the case on their and their family’s future.
Tamara is passionate in advocating for those who need a strong voice within the context of a family law proceeding. Tamara takes a firm, yet reasonable, approach to settlement negotiations, and if settlement fails, she strategically and efficiently presents her client’s position in the courtroom. Tamara’s attention to detail, preparation and knowledge of pertinent case law ensure that her clients present a strong position throughout the case.
Tamara enjoys representing families and individuals in surrogacy matters, including surrogacy contracts and egg donor contracts. She is also experienced in helping families navigate the legal process in many different adoption scenarios. Tamara has experience in successfully litigating private adoptions, agency adoptions, and stepparent and contested adoptions.
Tamara was born and raised in Morton, Illinois and attended Peoria Notre Dame High School. Tamara and her husband are the parents of two children and are active in the community. Tamara enjoys and embraces the challenges that come with working and raising a family.
Tamara graduated from Illinois Wesleyan University in 2006. She received her Juris Doctor from the John Marshall Law School in 2012, graduating in the top 25% of her class. During law school, she served as a teaching assistant and research assistant to Professor Rogelio Lasso.
Honors And Awards
- SuperLawyers Rising Star award recipient – 2020, 2021, 2022
- 40 Leaders Under 40 award recipient – Class of 2019
- Multiple CALI Award Recipient at the John Marshall Law School
- The John Marshall Law School Herzog Scholarship Recipient
- Illinois Wesleyan University Faculty Academic Scholarship Recipient
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Tazewell and Peoria County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Board of Directors and immediate past Chair – Crittenton Centers
- Lawyer’s Assistance Program – Local Peer Support Volunteer
- 10th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee
- Morton Kiwanis Club
- Supporter of many local United Way Organizations