Even if you have a contested divorce that needs to undergo the litigation process, there is still a possibility of little conflict between you and your spouse. Read on to learn what tips can help you and your spouse work toward a low-conflict divorce and how a seasoned Peoria divorce lawyer or Pekin divorce lawyer of Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C., can support you in any way necessary.
What are tips for a low-conflict divorce in Peoria County?
At this point, it is not worth it to change things that you do not like about your spouse. So the only thing you can do is make personal changes that can translate into a low-conflict divorce. Below are tips that can help you achieve this:
- Practice acceptance: with acceptance comes the alleviation of any resentment or denial you may be holding on to.
- Practice open-mindedness: with flexibility comes less disappointment with the results of your settlement agreements and more willingness in reaching a happy medium.
- Practice control of your emotions: with impulsiveness to act on your heightened emotions come barriers to reaching your goals. To better process your emotions, you may want to identify healthy coping mechanisms.
- Practice good communication: with this communication should come a neutral tone and a refrain from speaking with your emotions. It is okay if you are not on the best of terms with your spouse, so long as you leave the door open for conversation.
- Have patience: with patience comes trust in the process. It is okay to feel misunderstood throughout the process, so long as you can hold on to faith that everything will work out for the best of all parties involved.
What are the benefits of a low-conflict divorce in Pekin County?
If you and your spouse share a child, a low-conflict divorce will allow for a better transition to this new dynamic. Your relationship with your child can be protected if you can prove that you still have respect for your spouse.
Additionally, a low-conflict divorce likely means that you will spend less money on legal fees and less time battling in the courtroom setting. This will be both a financial and emotional benefit.
If you need someone to help lessen the conflict during the negotiation process, you can hire a Morton divorce lawyer to serve as your unbiased, third-party mediator. Do not hesitate in reaching out to our firm today.
Contact Our Experienced Illinois Firm
Contact Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C., today for effective and compassionate legal counsel for the following legal matters: divorce, alimony, division of marital assets, child custody, and child support.