The lawyers of Butler & Giraudo, P.C., are family law attorneys serving clients in Peoria, Tazewell and Woodford counties and throughout Central Illinois. Susan Butler remembers being taught by her parents that any major decision should be made from a source of strength. The Butler & Giraudo, P.C. family lawyers use the same philosophy in our law practice.
The decisions you make during the divorce process will affect you for the rest of your life. If you make these decisions when you are feeling strong and confident, you will make better decisions. You will also be a more effective negotiator and a better advocate for your children.
Your Advocate in Family Court
- Contested child custody, visitation and interstate removal cases
- Child support for people of all income levels, including the issues of underemployment, deviation from support guidelines, and the support requirements of children with special needs
- Complex marital property division, including farming land and equipment, pension issues and spousal maintenance for both men and women
- Civil unions and the dissolution of those unions
- Domestic violence issues, including false allegations of abuse raised in conjunction with a divorce or child custody case
- Guardianship proceedings involving a disabled adult or child
- Order modifications, including child support and child custody
- Protecting the rights of fathers and grandparents
- Securing adoption of children for both traditional and same-sex couples
- Family law appeals
We are passionate about advocating on behalf of people who have issues regarding their families. We work to understand each of our clients' backgrounds, concerns and worries so we can help them reach favorable resolutions to their family law issues. Our philosophy as lawyers is to promote amicable negotiated settlements where appropriate, but to aggressively advocate your interests in the courtroom should negotiations fail to produce the desired result.
We work hard for each and every client. We are driven and committed to a successful outcome for all of our clients. Learn more about our law practice. Learn about our credentials as Peoria family law lawyers.
Contact a Central Illinois Lawyer Handling Divorce Settlements
To arrange a consultation with attorneys Susan Butler, Kelly Giraudo or Tamara Meister, call 309-263-1204 or contact our family law firm online.