At Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C, we are passionate about advocating on behalf of people who have issues regarding their families. We work to understand each of our clients' backgrounds, concerns and worries so we can help them reach favorable resolutions to their family law issues. Our philosophy as lawyers is to promote amicable negotiated settlements where appropriate, but to aggressively advocate your interests in the courtroom should negotiations fail to produce the desired result. Being aggressive does not mean being abrasive, condescending or arrogant. Our attorneys believe it means being thoroughly prepared for trial and being relentless in gathering all the facts and information required to present a compelling case. This approach maximizes your potential for success at trial. It also provides a better opportunity for you to resolve your dispute favorably and cost-effectively before trial.
The lawyers of Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C, are family law attorneys serving clients in Peoria and Tazewell counties and throughout Central Illinois. We provide compassionate legal counsel while actively pursuing your goals. Susan Butler remembers being taught by her parents that any major decision in life should always be made from a position of strength. Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C., family lawyers use the same philosophy in our law practice, and we can provide that source of strength for you.
The decisions you make during the divorce process will affect you for the rest of your life. If you make these decisions when you are feeling strong and confident, you will make better decisions. You will also be a more effective negotiator and a better advocate for your children and yourself. Our goal is also to promote a positive, cooperative relationship between you and your former spouse if you have children together. We care about your life going forward from your family law case, and strive to assist you and those you care for as you enter a new phase of life. We have proven our dedication to our clients throughout our combined 50-plus years of practice.
With offices in both Peoria and Morton, we work hard for our clients while getting to know them as people. We are driven and committed to a successful outcome for all of our clients. We invite you to contact us with your questions and concerns and to learn more about our law practice and who we are.
Your Advocate In Family Court
- Contested parental responsibilities, parenting time ( child custody, visitation), and interstate removal cases
- Child support for people of all income levels, including the issues of underemployment, deviation from support guidelines, and the support requirements of children with special needs
- Complex marital property division, including farming land and equipment, pension issues and spousal maintenance for both men and women
- Civil unions and the dissolution of those unions
- Domestic violence issues, including false allegations of abuse raised in conjunction with a divorce or parental responsibility (child custody) case
- Guardianship proceedings involving a disabled adult or child
- Order modifications, including child support and parental responsibilities (child custody)
- Protecting the rights of fathers and grandparents
- Securing adoption of children for both traditional and same-sex couples
- Family law appeals
Contact A Central Illinois Lawyer Handling Divorce Settlements And All Areas Of Family Law
To arrange a consultation with attorney Susan Butler, Kelly Giraudo or Tamara Meister, call 309-263-1204 (Morton) or 309-407-3332 (Peoria). You can also contact our family law firm online.